2014 ATK Tickets FAQ
We’ve heard from a number of Tigers & Badgers wondering how they will get seats for the biggest kickoff game in the country in 2014. Well don’t worry, we’re here to help! Below are a few different ways you can secure your seats to this year’s game:
- Both schools have the best seats in the building and will be fulfilling orders to their season ticket holders over the next couple months. Fans of both schools should contact their respective ticket offices to reserve their seats.
- Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and stay tuned for giveaways and other contests/shenanigans.
- You can buy your tickets now for the 2014 AdvoCare Texas Kickoff & 2014 AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl HERE. Wondering what the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl is? See below! (TL;DR version: it’s now the highest profile Big 12/SEC bowl game outside of the College Football Playoff)
The AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl is a bowl game in Houston, TX between the Big 12 & SEC. Here are the selections in each conference:
After the Sugar Bowl selects the Big 12 Champion and any conference schools are chosen for the College Football Playoff games, the next Big 12 affiliations are as follows:
- Valero Alamo Bowl
- Russell Athletic Bowl
- AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
After the Sugar Bowl selects the SEC Champion and any conference schools are chosen for the College Football Playoff games (including contractual obligation to the Orange Bowl in select years), the SEC’s next affiliations are as follows:
- Capital One Bowl
- Pool of 6 bowl games (including the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl; see below)
The AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl joins a pool with the Belk, Gator, Liberty, Music City and Outback Bowls for SEC bowl teams. The destination of participating teams in this group of bowls will be selected by the SEC.
How are SEC team participants determined for the Pool of 6 Bowl Games?
The SEC will select bowl participants for these schools using the following considerations, among others:
- Creating competitive match ups
- Team regular season records
- Geography and fan travel consideration
- Attempts to avoid consecutive or repeat bowl appearances
The AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl is the Western-most bowl geographically of this group of SEC bowl affiliations.
What teams would have played in the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl in 2013 with the 2014 Tie-Ins?
If the bowl was picking 3rd in the Big 12 and in the SEC pool in 2013 the matchup would have likely been between the following teams:
- Big 12: Kansas State or Texas Tech
- SEC: Texas A&M or LSU
Or if you’re more of a visual person:
PS: CLICK HERE for a great bonus writeup on the new SEC tie-ins from SBNation